Friday, March 18, 2011

A Challenge

I know all of us have hectic schedules and too much already on our list of things that HAVE to be done.  But maybe you could take an hour or two to meet this challenge.  I blogged about this wonderful event on Stray Stitches (March 18) but wanted to share it here too.
 
JUST ONE STAR

Moda staff and designers would like to invite you to join their newest challenge:  Just One Star can comfort a soldier.  The challenge is to piece, quilt and bind 100 quilts in 100 days using the Flag of Valor pattern by Minick and Simpson.  As the saying goes "many hands make light work".  They need 1800 star blocks to reach their goal.  You can be involved too!  You simply need to make a quilt block(s) to support moda and Semper Fi's efforts. 
Please take a few minutes to piece Just One Star block (click here for pattern) using a medium red or blue and a cream background.  Sign each block with your name and state.  Moda will coordinate the donation of the 100 quilts thru the Semper Fi Fund.  The deadline for blocks is May 1, 2011 so that moda can meet their quilt deadline by Flag Day, June 14, 2011.

Yesterday I made two of the stars.....
and my brown pigma pen arrived in the mail so I could sign the blocks with my name and state.  They are on the road to moda today!
Won't you help this very worthy cause?  Support our troops!  Let's help moda make more than 100 quilts!
 
Hugs,
Linda G, Administrator
Stray Stitches

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm in the UK can I do this too? Where do I send it?