Tuesday, June 28, 2011

July Block for Evelina (and neat ideas!)

I think this is the first time I have ever finished my block BEFORE the month began.... However, the same day I got my partner info from Linda I had seen a certain tutorial for a block I hadn't ever seen before, and it just so happened to fit into Evelina's preferences/likes, and I also just so happened to have the perfect colors for it :) I had to try it out right away, and I love it so much that I will definitely be making more of these blocks for myself.... For now though you just get a sneak peek:

I hope you like it Evelina, sorry that it is quite blurry, but maybe it will add to the element of suspense! ;)

I am going to try to get it in the mail on Friday, especially since I know international mail takes longer, but my weekdays are too busy to get to the post office during the week.

Now, in case anyone is wondering where I saw the tutorial of the block I just HAD to make, then you should definitely check out the Modify Tradition blog. On the right hand side is a nice list of really fun and neat blocks (some are common ones, others are ones I've never seen, and some are neat twists on traditional ones). You may find a more unique block to try that could be new to you AND your partner. Happy Sewing!

♥ Jorie

1 comment:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I look forward to seeing the entire block!
Thanks for the link to all of the great block patterns.