Monday, December 19, 2011

Sneak Peek for Penny!

I borrowed a sewing machine from my sis in law for a couple of days to get my swap blocks done!  YaY for my sis in law!  Here is a sneak peek for Penny, I hope she loves the block!


It'll probably give it away but when I read Penny's preferance I thought about my Maternal Grandparents.  My Maternal Gram is the one who taught me to sew and make quilts.  This one time I weathered a particularly bad wind storm with them out on their farm and when it was over Gramps went out to check on things and about 5 minutes later he came back in and said "Ma!  The ol' barns all out of whack and off kilter!"  The block I made I'm calling "Off Kilter Barn".  And since she said she likes "old timey"  I actually included a couple of vintage scraps straight from my Grams cedar chest which I inherited. 

I hope she loves it, and now I get to go open the one she sent me since I finally got her block done!  YaY!!

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful colors!!

Little Penpen said...

Yay!! and I love the special story to go along with it. Can't wait to see it in person!!!

Education said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.